Next week(11/9-11/15), join us for two lunchtime online workshops:
- Introduction to QGIS (Online Workshop)
Tuesday, 10 November 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM (China Standard Time)
QGIS is an open source software package for geospatial analysis. This introductory workshop covers simple GIS analyses and visualizations within QGIS.
This workshop will be held live via Zoom, so you can attend from the comfort of your dorm or apartment. You must register in advance through the NYU Libcal page (https://nyu.libcal.com/event/7128671).
- Data Cleaning and Management Using Python (Online Workshop)
Thursday, 12 November 10 AM – 12 PM (China Standard Time)
This session is an intermediate level class that will examine ways to perform data cleaning, transformation, and management using Python. We will look at some efficient ways to load data and parse it into a container for ease of use in Python, to store it in helpful formats, and to perform some basic cleaning and transformations typical for mixed string-and-numeric formats. Finally, we’ll try putting it all together using a dataset from the NYC Open Data portal.
- Ability to set and understand the object type of a variable
- Familiarity with foundational object types (lists, strings, numbers, dictionaries) in Python
- Familiarity with common data storage file types such as JSON and CSV
- Comfort with, or willingness to learn more about dataframe and array objects in Python
- Comfort with using Jupyter Notebooks for writing code
This workshop will be held live via Zoom, so you can attend from the comfort of your dorm or apartment. You must register in advance through the NYU Libcal page (https://nyu.libcal.com/event/7096100).
I hope you’ll be able to join us!