We just launched a brand new interface of “My Library Account”. It will help you to browse your loans and requests more easily.
- Or log in and access My Library Account via library catalog (BobCat)
View current and historical loans, and renew eligible items.
View and cancel current holds placed on locally available items.
You may also see hold requests on interlibrary loan (ILL) items that have already been received and are being processed for delivery. Please visit your My Requests page to see additional options, including managing scan requests and pending ILL requests.
3. Fines and Fees
You may check your library fines and fees, and complete the payment by following the instructions.
According to Bloomberg’s global policy for all academic and corporate clients, Bloomberg terminal will no longer be accessible remotely after June 30th, 2022. When remote access ends, all NYU Shanghai students, faculty and staff will need to use Bloomberg at the physical terminal. It is located on the 4th floor of our academic building.
NYU Shanghai Library will not accept new applications for remote access after 5 pm on June 23rd, 2022.
For any of you currently in NYC, you can also use the physical terminals at Bobst Library:
- 3 terminals situated in the south wing of the 5th floor;
- 1 terminal located on Lower Level 1 (24/7 access);
- Additional terminals will be placed at NYU Libraries in Midtown (Brause) and Brooklyn (Dibner) over summer ’22;
- Information for School Owned Bloomberg Terminals can be found here, including Stern, FRE, Courant, and BRE.
For any of you currently in Abu Dhabi, you can Contact the Abu Dhabi Library for more information about physical access:
- 15 terminals available in the Digital Studio lab;
- 5 additional terminals for faculty-only.
We recommend Refinitiv Workspace (requires account creation) as the best “access from anywhere” alternative to Bloomberg.
- You don’t need to make a booking to use the terminal after your individual account has been approved.
- You can log in via the web platform, or optionally via Refinitiv’s Mac and PC software.
- Refinitiv Workspace, also known as Eikon, provides access to fundamental financial data on public companies, merger and acquisitions, financial market data and quotes, analyst reports, and private equity and venture capital. It features powerful screening and charting capabilities.
- Training Recordings: https://training.refinitiv.com/workspace-training/
Note for VPN
Before you access library databases, including remote access to Bloomberg, Wind and Refinitiv Workspace, please turn on your VPN “vpn.shanghai.nyu.edu” first, because the VPN includes NYU Shanghai’s IP address ranges and can give you access to library databases without hitting a paywall.