Dear faculty, students, and staff,
Research and Instructional Technology Services
Financial Terminals Remote Access
- You should use financial terminals only for the purpose of course assignments or scholarly research, with the knowledge that for-profit and/or personal uses are forbidden.
- Please only log on to the terminal after reserving your time (China Standard Time). Only one user can use the Bloomberg/Wind service at a time. We ask our users to be attentive to their booked slots. Anyone who violates the policy will be banned from using the terminal until the end of the semester.
- Each Bloomberg/Wind terminal has a download limit through Excel Add-In (also known as API). When the terminal is at its limit, you will see an error message when loading data and wait for a week (for Wind) or a month (for Bloomberg) before it resets. Please remember to be considerate to fellow users – only download what you need or export data from the terminal interface directly which doesn’t count in the download limit of Excel Add-In.
- If all the time slots for Bloomberg are booked, consider using Refinitive Workspace, also known as Eikon and the successor product to Thomson ONE. You can log in via the web platform, or via Refinitiv’s Mac and PC software on your own computer without booking a time slot. Individual account creation is required before you can log in. Librarians at Bobst Library process the requests once a week.
- Please turn your VPN (vpn.shanghai.nyu.edu) on before you access Bloomberg, Wind or Refinitiv Workspace remotely. If you have any questions on VPN, please contact IT for help through email@example.com.
To apply for remote access, please fill out applications online
Access & Borrowing
Meanwhile, we encourage you to access millions of e-resources through the Library website, which covers databases, ebooks, and multimedia resources.