We just launched a brand new interface of “My Library Account”. It will help you to browse your loans and requests more easily.
- Or log in and access My Library Account via library catalog (BobCat)
View current and historical loans, and renew eligible items.
View and cancel current holds placed on locally available items.
You may also see hold requests on interlibrary loan (ILL) items that have already been received and are being processed for delivery. Please visit your My Requests page to see additional options, including managing scan requests and pending ILL requests.
3. Fines and Fees
You may check your library fines and fees, and complete the payment by following the instructions.
According to Bloomberg’s global policy for all academic and corporate clients, Bloomberg terminal will no longer be accessible remotely after June 30th, 2022. When remote access ends, all NYU Shanghai students, faculty and staff will need to use Bloomberg at the physical terminal. It is located on the 4th floor of our academic building.
NYU Shanghai Library will not accept new applications for remote access after 5 pm on June 23rd, 2022.
For any of you currently in NYC, you can also use the physical terminals at Bobst Library:
- 3 terminals situated in the south wing of the 5th floor;
- 1 terminal located on Lower Level 1 (24/7 access);
- Additional terminals will be placed at NYU Libraries in Midtown (Brause) and Brooklyn (Dibner) over summer ’22;
- Information for School Owned Bloomberg Terminals can be found here, including Stern, FRE, Courant, and BRE.
For any of you currently in Abu Dhabi, you can Contact the Abu Dhabi Library for more information about physical access:
- 15 terminals available in the Digital Studio lab;
- 5 additional terminals for faculty-only.
We recommend Refinitiv Workspace (requires account creation) as the best “access from anywhere” alternative to Bloomberg.
- You don’t need to make a booking to use the terminal after your individual account has been approved.
- You can log in via the web platform, or optionally via Refinitiv’s Mac and PC software.
- Refinitiv Workspace, also known as Eikon, provides access to fundamental financial data on public companies, merger and acquisitions, financial market data and quotes, analyst reports, and private equity and venture capital. It features powerful screening and charting capabilities.
- Training Recordings: https://training.refinitiv.com/workspace-training/
Note for VPN
Before you access library databases, including remote access to Bloomberg, Wind and Refinitiv Workspace, please turn on your VPN “vpn.shanghai.nyu.edu” first, because the VPN includes NYU Shanghai’s IP address ranges and can give you access to library databases without hitting a paywall.
Dear faculty, students and staff,
We are happy to announce that we have successfully extended your library loans to September 5, 2022 if they were originally due on May 20, 2022. Please hold onto any library loans you currently have and return them when the library reopens. Any fines accrued during the lockdown period will be waived when these items are returned.
Feel free to review your checked-out library materials and their due dates by logging into your library account.
If for any reason you still have to return the books or have any questions regarding your library account, please contact email@example.com so that we can work with you individually.
NYU Shanghai Library
All alumni have free, offsite access to a package of 20 electronic resources to support lifelong learning and career advancement, thanks to a gift from the Class of 2006 and donations from Friends of Bobst Library.
You must have an active username (NetID) and password to access NYU Global Home and the Alumni e-Library. Once you have activated and logged into your account, you can access the e-Library by typing “Alumni e-Library” in the search bar at the top right corner of NYU Global Home.
Having trouble activating your alumni ID or accessing the Alumni E-Library? Please contact Alumni Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Source Alumni Edition: Covers business-related topics from 1886 to present. Includes trade publications, magazines, academic journals, newspapers, market research reports, industry profiles, SWOT analysis, country reports, and more.
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM Complete: Features thousands of full-text journals, dissertations, working papers, key newspapers such as The Financial Times, as well as country- and industry-focused reports and data.
- Hoovers: Contains public and private company profiles. It includes key executive profiles, industry coverage, and detailed company fact sheets.
- First Research: 400+ industry profiles, including US and international coverage. Includes “Call Prep Questions” to help you prepare for meeting with interviewers.
- Firsthand (formerly Vault): Provides insights into potential employers, including organizational culture, pros and cons of working at a firm, etc. Also has a series of “Best of” employer lists across different industries and functions.
- ProQuest Research Library: Provides one-stop access to more than 4,000 periodicals from one of the broadest, most inclusive general reference databases ProQuest has to offer. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 academic disciplines.
- JSTOR: Offers high-quality, interdisciplinary content to support scholarship and teaching. The JSTOR digital archive includes more than 1,500 leading academic journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences, as well as select monographs and other materials valuable for academic work.
- Project MUSE: Provides complete, full-text versions of scholarly journals and book-length scholarship in the humanities, arts, and social sciences from many of university presses and scholarly societies.
- Law Journal Library (HeinOnline): Contains more than 2,300 law and law-related periodicals. Coverage is from the first issue published for all periodicals and goes through the most-currently published issues allowed based on contracts with publishers.
If you want to access more Chinese language e-resources and have signed up for the Pudong Public library card from our library, you may use the ID number and password to access those resources remotely through the portal of Shanghai Library.
You can also visit Shanghai Library or any of its branches with your ID Card (for Chinese citizens) or passport (for foreigners) to apply for a physical card. Please check the resource list through their Database Navigation System.
NYU Shanghai Career Development Center also provides services for recent graduates. And all alumni are more than welcome to interact with current students by joining networking events, sitting on panel discussions, making presentations an area of expertise, or sharing career stories. Welcome to start your day with these NYU Alumni and University Podcasts and get your daily dose of news and culture of NYU.
Dear faculty, students and staff,
We understand that you are concerned about returning library materials during the lockdown period. We are sending this notice to assure you that the Library is working on a solution to extend the renewable loans on your account on your behalf as soon as possible. Please hold onto any library loans you currently have and return them when the library reopens. Any fines accrued during the lockdown period will be waived when these items are returned.
Alternatively, you may check your library loans and renew the renewable ones by yourself during the week of May 16th by accessing your library account: http://library.nyu.edu/patron?vid=NYUSH.
If for any reason you still have to return the books, please contact email@example.com so that we can work with you individually.
If you are graduating this May, you will receive an email from us with options to renew or return your library books.
NYU Shanghai Library